Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Night Sweats/Hot Flashes

Posted by deannabsd (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 7, 06 at 8:06

MY night sweats have increased and although I don't wake up dripping wet; it must be more than a hot flash. I feel like if I could have a cold pillow case that would help. Any ideas? I go for my yearly physical in September but wondering what anyone else does to deal with these.

Looking for some suggestions to offer my doctor as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Night Sweats/Hot Flashes

I think it might take a totally cold bed... you are lucky, you don't wake up drenched. I use wild yam cream and am going to start using Black Cohosh as well. I don't use HRT's... TRYING to do it as natural as possible... but sometimes the moodswings just get to me.

o

I have a friend who uses something called a Chillow. She swears it works great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chillow

o

Funny the Chillow was mentioned. I've been considering it for a couple of years and just saw it in a catalog again tonight.

I am sleeping well again but if I feel the slightest bit warm I wake up and don't go back to sleep until I feel cool again. I've noticed that if I move my feet around to find a cool spot, I almost instantly start to doze back to sleep. A cool spot works like magic for me, so I bet the Chillow would feel terrific.

I have always turned my pillow to the cool side. I thought I was the only one until I saw Jay Leno joke about it during his monologue one night. :-)

Jen

o

Hi, I've just joined this forum. Does anyone else have terrible headaches with the hotflashes?

o

No headache, but I have almost an aura before getting a hot flash. It's like my extremities start to tingle. And they always start right on cue: at 7PM each evening.

o

Wow... then Robin, you can climb into the freezer at 6:55! :D That's weird... as regular as I get, I can guarantee a hot flash right after I get out of a shower to get ready to go someplace where I have to wear makeup and dress up. Guaranteed. That's the only regularity I have. Then I have to sit and wait till I am done before I put on makeup and dress up.

o

The Chillow works like a charm. I'm totally sleeping through the night again! Love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here