Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
feeling like Hell!!!!!!!

Posted by noopy9 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 7:11

I am now nearly a year out from my hyster. Kept the ovaries, even though they died 6 weeks after surgery anyway.
I was having alot of trouble sleeping so decided to try the estradot (vivelle) a couple of months ago to just boost the declining estrogen levels and YES it helped. I was also getting burning vaginal pain 24/7 and needed that to stop so that was helped very fast. Howsever, I have a bit of a dilemma! I have noticed that when I do not work in my stressful job in security (where there is alot of pressure on me) I am really well and sleep great, but if I go to work I am a mental wreck with my hormones all over the place for along time and feel like HELL! I only work 2 or 3 nights a week. Stress is affecting me that badly. Why is this happening? I have to work and this is the only work I have ever done. I am scared I am going to cause some real long term damage if I continue to work. I love my job, but it does require alot of me, (dealing with difficult people, removal of drunk patrons, complaining or threatening customers and my boss expecting alot!) Is this normal for a menopausal women? What can one do to control this? I am sitting here feeling like hell after working a tough shift 48 hours ago wondering how to manage this! Has anyone else got any ideas? I need to work.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: feeling like Hell!!!!!!!

hi noopy9,

I know exactly how you feel cos the same thing happens with me. I went on holiday at the beginning of July and just before it I was a total wreck. I had so many stress related symptoms. Anyway, within a couple of hours of arriving at our destination I actually could feel the tension leaving my body. I can honestly say felt so well. I had forgotten I could actually feel as good as I did. Now I've been back at work six weeks and this week I can feel the stress starting to affect me again. The strange headaches, the aches and pains, the overwhelming fatigue,dizziness, nausea,etc. I work with the public too and I can't stand them anymore. When I get home from work I find it hard to stay awake after my evening meal,which I know is stress related. I too need to work but I can't deal with this kind of job anymore. My husband is starting a printing business and I'm hoping I can start working from home within the next few weeks. Being on my own with just the radio on is something I can't wait to start doing. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I'm glad its not just me that feels like this. Take care

o

Hi noopy9,
Don't feel bad because you are not alone. I feel exactly what you are talking about. I just found out that all my stress and fatique were the result of menopause after having my hormone levels checked and now I know why I am thinking I am going to lose it. Unfortunately, I don't really know what to do about it yet. I am on this site trying to find answers. There are a few things I am trying. One is keeping a journal every night where I write down everything that is bothering me about my job and etc (sometimes venting helps). I am also doing yoga which I love but I am not sure if it actually helps. I am even trying meditation (for me this means lighting a candle, sitting in lotus position on the floor staring at the candle, and trying to keep my mind empty). I think that just having that little bit of time to myself helps. I can't say that these things have changed the stress at work that much but they have helped me calm down a little inside if that helps. I wish I had more to offer you. This menopause thing is a big mystery that I was not prepared for but I am researching every way I can to fight back. I hope you are able to find some peace. I really don't know how women survive this hell. If only I had known how bad it is.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bayugrl Lifestyle

o

Other women I have talked to report a lot of stress going thru this phase of life. I am just glad my children are grown so I don't have THAT to deal with. Some days everything irritates me and the small things become huge. This past really hot summer was difficult too. Some days I am ready to ask the doc for Valium, even though I know it can be addictive!!!!!
Life is stressful enough without this, I hope you find peace.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here