Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ovulating twice in a month

Posted by Jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 02 at 5:15

I'm nearly 50 and still ovulating, and this month I believe I've ovulated twice. I know this because I got the VERY sharp pain in my side, two days apart, but on different sides. I know this pain, I'm very familiar with it because I've had it every month since I was about 13 when I had an episode so severe I was hospitalized and tested for appendicitis (which they ruled out). I've noticed the pain seems to be more severe the last few months, which is interesting since I'm edging closer to the years of menopause. The pain feels like a butcher knife is being pushed into my lower right or left abdomen -- nothing like the "cramp" some women describe. It has always felt this way (like a knife stabbing me) but much stronger the last few months.

Anyway, my real question is... is it normal to feel this twice in one month just a few days apart? I've always kept records in a pocket calendar (I'm very irregular so marking this date was very handy) so I know what my normal pattern is.

Oh another thing, I also had some very painful abdominal cramping and mild nausea a couple of times in the past week -- NOT ovulating "cramping", but something very different. It lasted several minutes then passed.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ovulating twice in a month

The "knife-like" pain sounds familiar that you've had since 13, but not the cramping and nausea. Better to have it checked out. Maybe two separate things.
Ruby

o
RE: Ovulating twice in a month

Sounds familiar. I started having periods 2-3 weeks apart a few years ago, and very bad cramps, too. I had always been regular & barely ever had cramps. I finally went in for a check up - I was fine. I'd get a check up just to rule out fibroids (?) or something, though.
Three years later, now my periods are 7-8 weeks apart, I feel like I'm on constant PMS and I AM READY TO GET PAST THIS MENOPAUSE STUFF!
Ahem. Hopefully you'll get through this quicker than me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here