SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junegloom_gw

Am I dying or is it menopause?

junegloom
14 years ago

I see a common theme in many of these posts. Lots of us have terrible symptoms and the medical community can't help us. My symptoms began last year. I had weeks of nausea and diarrhea followed by terrible dizziness, headaches,tingling on one side, throbbing pulse, crushing bouts of depression and anxiety. It would come and go for weeks at a time. I saw a urologist, neurologist, two ENT's, and a gynecologist. Everything was scanned, blood was tested and I was declared 100% healthy even though I was so sick I couldn't function. I kept thinking they must be missing something. I started on antidepressants and a hormone(progestin only) and gradually felt better for almost a year. Then in June it all started over again, except the dizziness is not quite as bad this time. I'm chucking the hormone pills because they're obviously not helping. But I've started calling the doctors again and see myself heading for the same pattern of desperately hoping they can help me. I keep thinking they must be missing something, how can I feel this bad and not be dying? It has really helped me to read these posts and see that I'm not alone, and hopefully not dying of some mysterious unidentified disease.

Comments (12)

Sponsored