SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcarter14

Can Peri-Menopause Reverse?

lcarter14
9 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone might have an explanation as to what is going on with me. I just turned 50 this past May. In March 2013 I began experiencing HORRIBLE peri-menopause symptoms ranging from heart palpitations, extreme dizziness, hot flashes, insomnia and EXTREME ANXIETY that I never want to experience ever again. I had also gone 3 plus months without having a period. I finally decided to see my gyn as the anxiety, in particular, was so bad I thought I was going crazy. My gyn tested my FSH, LH and thyroid. Thyroid was normal but, FSH (75.4) and LH (43) were very high. My doctor prescribed the Combi-Patch which I used for a couple of months but, my anxiety just kept getting worse and worse so out of desperation I contacted a gyn that specializes in menopause. To make a long story short she has started me on bio-identical estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. I have gradually begun feeling better and better. Just recently I saw her for a follow up and I told her that for the last 3 months I have had a normal period. She decided to run another FSH and thyroid test to see what my levels are now. I did ask her if the HRT I'm taking would alter the results of the FSH test. She said yes that my level would prob drop in to the 30s or 40s but, would not be at a 5 like when I was in pre-menopause. Well, guess what? My FSH level is 5. Is that even possible? I just got my period for the 4th straight month at close to day 28. I'm feeling pretty darn good as well. What's the problem then? I guess I'm really worried about having to go through the hell again. I'm not sure I could survive that again. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? How can I be going in reverse especially given my age? I haven't spoken to my doctor yet. I see her in early Sept for a follow up. Thanks for any insight anyone can provide. Lisa

Comments (3)

Sponsored