SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

An acne treatment that worked for me

jenn
16 years ago

For the past several months I've been plagued with patches of acne on my forehead and on one cheek near my nose. I eat well and take good care of myself so I know it wasn't due to too much junk or sugar. I hadn't tried any treatments other than keeping my face clean, and I was getting desperate to try something as it was starting to become more noticeable.

I read that benzoyl peroxide is an effective acne treatment, so I looked for a product that contains it. I bought a tube of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment at Target, about $4.00 for .75 oz (it goes a long way). I applied it once a day, at bedtime after I washed my face. I noticed a change within one week, and a significant difference after 2 weeks. 3-4 weeks later, the acne is completely GONE. Last night I was actually looking for it with a 5X magnifying mirror, and I couldn't see it!

Benzoyl peroxide can by drying and the directions say to begin apply just once a day initially, and I never applied it more often than that and always at bedtime to clean skin. I saw no evidence of drying after using it (I have oily skin).

Try it, it might work for you too! If not, you won't be out a lot of money.

Jen

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus