Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How extensive are hot flashes?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 21:56

Hi all,
I've been thinking that I'm having hypoglycemic episodes recently.......I get very hot and break out in a sweat and get shakey and weak and just feel awful. Now I'm wondering if these are hot flashes that go a little further than just my skin. I'm thinking maybe I'm vasodilating in other areas, and that makes me feel so bad. Anyone else feel more than just hot with their hot flashes? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How extensive are hot flashes?

I've experienced hot flashes for over 15 years, from just a few to maybe 20 a day. Besides the upper body and face suddenly heating up, there's an emotional component as well. I feel vaguely emotional -- maybe a little confused, or angry, or sad. I can now sometimes guess when a hot flash is beginning because I'll be asking myself, why am I feeling so weird? I just ride it out, and know not to make any decisions, rash moves, or impulsive statements.

I think if you do some research on hot flashes, you'll be able to tell from descriptions if that is what you're getting.

o

Thanks pink overalls,
My body has always been wired weirdly. I have fibromyalgia, and I have lived with strange/bizarre sensations my whole life that have always scared me. Lately, I just feel like I'm getting tons of hypoglycemic attacks, but wonder if its a hot flash that dilates more than just my superficial veins.
I just got a glucometer, so I'll be able to check it out there.
My blood sugar was very irratic when I was on HRT too.
Are we having fun yet??
Thanks for your help.

o

I get full body hot flashes. Night sweats are painful, like all my nerve endings are being ?pinched,poked???. Anybody else get something like that? Have been trying Maca for the past week to see if that helps, cause nothing else has so far, and I'll only do natural.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here