SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Heat intolerance

jenn
20 years ago

Hello fellow meno-sufferers! 8-)

A few years ago I started showing signs of not being able to tolerate hot temperatures. I mean really hot temperatures, upper 90s or low 100s. I know that most people feel uncomfortable in those temperatures but I'm talking complete intolerance as if they just suck all the life out of me.

I've had a few episodes the last couple of years when I was working outdoors in the heat, doing some mild activity (gardening), and my face turned the color of a tomato and my heart started pounding and my heart was racing. This happened again to me last weekend while planting a plant in the heat (I know, what an idiot.... and yes, I took a lot of breaks and drank a lot of water). I haven't been the same ever since -- I'm dragging with no energy and I feel like I want to nap all the time, as if I'm doing to drop. Yes, I have learned my lesson.

Have any of you noticed heat intolerance since starting peri-menopause or menopause? I'm 47 so I am in that phase of life.

BTW, I am not having hot flashes (haven't had a single one) and I tend to be on the cold side the rest of the time, always feeling chilled. So feeling overheated in hot summer temperatures is totally new to me. I don't remember feeling this way when I was younger. Also, my face turns red when I exercise even in a cooled room. No one else in the room has a red face.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH