SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serica2

Hot flashes for how long?

Serica2
20 years ago

Do any of you out there in Menopause Land know how long the hot flashes will go on? I went off HRT very gradually-over a period of 2 months-but I found out that you can't fool Mother Nature! She's had the last laugh with me because I get hot flashes now every 2 hours. Thank goodness I don't get the night sweats, and my moods are pretty good.I have been taking the soy isoflavins for 2 weeks now, but it'd be a stretch to say they've helped much. So now I'm adding black cohosh, figured it couldn't hurt.

So now it's been since March with the flashes(or power surges, as I like to think of them) and I'm wondering how much longer I'll have to put up with this. It's so tempting to go back on the HRT. I felt so good on them.

I took them on and off(mostly on) for 15 years and my doctor told me that since I'd taken them that long the damage had been done as far as my risk factors are concerned(She didn't use those words!) so I'm thinking "what the heck" why not?

Anyway, that's my case in a nutshell. Anyone been through the flashes, come out the other end, and can give me an idea what I have to look forward to?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH