Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worried about bones

Posted by disturbed (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 19:10

I am 56 and had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago. I took HRT for about 1 1/2 years, the Estradot patch. It worked at first but then a few months ago, I started getting hot flashes and night sweats and stopped taking it. I get no more hot flashes off of it than when I am on it. Just wanted to talk to someone else in a similiar situation. I hear so much bad talk about losing bone mass if you don't take something, that I am a little scared. Also my libido went way down and would like some other comments on this and what can be done. I took a lot of natural things but nothing seemed to help for long. I have used Primrose Oil and Black Cohosh and both seemed to work at first, but now nothing works. I stopped taking all my herbs and vitamins as I am not sure anything works anymore. I exercise, do weight lifting for my bones and eat healthy. I feel fine, have the usual aches and pains. Just worried.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worried about bones

I don't think the bone loss is too bad if you get moderate exercise and eat yer calcium. Does it run in your family? I wouldn't stop taking vitamins... your diet can always use a little boost. :o)
You know your body best...

o
RE: Worried about bones

Give yourself a break and try soyisoflavones. They took away my hot flash's, and they build bone density, good for the heart. This worked great for me, and I think you will find relief and strong bones. :) Arum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here