Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laser Facial Hair Removal

Posted by robinsch (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 05 at 16:42

Hi, pretty new hear and haven't seen much on this. Has anyone had this done. I had electrolisis years ago and it worked, and it some regrowth. I'm 46 and have noticed quite a lot of hair growth on face. It's peach fuzz like, but there's a lot and I can't stand it. I do wax my upper lip, but I think that stimulates growth. I know laser removal is pricey, but I want this hair gone for good. Love to hear from someone who's had it done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laser Facial Hair Removal

hi Robinsch,

I haven't had it done, but I've been researching it. My understanding is that it works best on facial hair that is dark on fair skin. The contrast of dark hair on light skin is what is caught by the laser. Fair hair doesn't "fare" so well with it. Also, dark hair on tanned skin doesn't get caught as well either. You may want to check out the internet for more info on it.

o

So that's where my peach fuzz on my cheeks came from, eh? I didn't notice it until I applied some new makeup one day. It highlighted the hair. I've never bothered with makeup much in my life so I don't know if this hair was always there or not. It's so fine and light colored that I didn't even notice it before.

o

I just used an electric razor for "peach fuzz". Lots of women do this. Really.

Electric razor shaves don't grow back with 'stubble' like it does with using razor blades that give a sharp cut to the hair.

I had a friend who got laser hair removal done is is quite pleased with the results. I am not a good candidate for laser removal as my hair is light blond with pale skin so it is not an option for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here