Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excruciating ovulation

Posted by lrg73 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 15:07

i'm so glad to know that i'm not the only one experiencing this kind of pain. I have been suffering for nearly 12 years now and i wonder if there is any relief in sight. I would like to know if anyone of you experience pelvic pain after using the bathroom and or exercising? I also would like to know if anyone knows if pregnancy cures or helps the pain? I have had numerous procedures done and no doctor seems to find anything worng with me other than several small fibroids....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excruciating ovulation

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to be posting this here but I am really glad to find people who are going through the same thing. I am 33, no kids, and have had excrutiating pain mid cycle pain for the past 5-6 months. I've always had pain and discomfort with ovulation and even ended up in the ER at 21 with what they suspected to be an ovarian cyst. Nothing like what I'm feeling now.

I had a clear pap and an insignificant pelvic exam about a year ago but haven't seen my family doc since. The pain seems to last about 2 weeks and makes me wish for the period to get relief. Fullness, sharp pain on the right side, and a constant dull ache going to the flank area hound me the whole day.

I am too scared to see the doctor. I keep thinking I have ovarian cancer. After seeing 2 relatives die of cancer fairly young, I just can't do it.

o

Nora---SEE A DOCTOR. It probably is not something serious but not seeing a doctor won't make it so. Often if it is something serious, catching it early is the saving grace---not waiting!!!!! GO!

o

Nora,

I have the same pains. Almost constant - dull ache I would rate a 2 or 3 and when I am ovulating or on the first few days of my period some serious pain. Sharp stabbing pains like a razor blade on my inside. Comes and goes so unpredictably it is scary.

I had a colonoscopy, ultrasounds, CT scan, blood tests and they have come to the conclusion through the process of elimination only that it is endomitrosis. I wish it hadn't taken them so long. I have been suffering in the meentime.

I was referred finally to a gynocologist who recomended trying at this time to quite my female parts with birth control. I just started 5 days ago and I can't say they are working yet. Today is terrible!

I haven't given them enough time. Gynocologist wants me to give it 3 months then if there is no improvement they will scope and biopsy to test for endomitrosis and most likely take out my left ovary that is my problem. Good luck. Don't be scared to go to the doctor but if you are of don't have insurance. Try birth control like me. It can't hurt you unless you are a smoker. Doctors don't recomend it if you are a smoker and they do have some side effects. I had to take them at night because if I took them in the morning I felt sick and had a wicked head ache.

Good luck. I am still suffering and will be watching for your update. I will let you know if I have any improvement or the ever scope to be sure like I am now that it is my ovary. They have checked everything else possible on the lower left side of my body it could be and it all checked out well.

o

I am 47, and have many of the symptoms described by the prior posters. Severe ovulation pain, history of endometriosis,severe menstrual cramps. Now I'm spotting lightly for about 21-25 days in my 28 day cycle! I'm at the point where I am seriously considering a hysterectomy, they would take my ovaries because of the pain from the cysts on my ovaries (had ultrasound to confirm).One option was to take BC for the ovulation pain, but it wouldn't do anything for the bleeding or the endometriosis pain. I'm OK with having the surgery, but I'm worried about losing the estrogen that the ovaries produce. I don't know if I am just trading one problem for others. Anybody out there with the same symptoms that had a successful outcome.

o

Hello all.

A lot of my friends are trying to get pregnant at the moment and can't figure out when they are ovulating. I am the exact opposite! I

I started getting terrible ovulation pain just over a year ago, at first I didn't know what it was, all I knew was that it was hard to sit down and get up, as was laughing, coughing, sneezing, walking.....I have no children and started my periods quite late about 16.

I have read that this pain is quite normal, mittelschmerz, however after reading this website I am starting to think I need to see a OBY/GYN as it is starting to impact on my life. I feel like my body is taking on a life of its own!

My partner and I are trying to get pregnant at the moment, we have only been trying for 4 months though, I thought I ovulated approx 3-4 days ago on the left side, I even had the swollen lymph node on the left which as far as I've read indicates that is the side from which you are ovulating, however now it feels like I am ovulating from the right hand side and the pain is excruciating...I was stuck lying flat for most of last night.

Although my partner is sympathetic, as this is not a common thing I think my partner thinks I'm exaggerating.

Thanks for all the info and support.

o

Hello all,

I was woken from a deep sleep with excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. The pain was so severe I fainted. All I remember was I was putting my head into my hands and the next thing I was looking at the bathroom floor tiles. The actual fall caused me bruising to my left side of my face, including a black eye and my neck was painful for about 1 week. I was sent off for a CT scan for my head and an ultra sound for my ovaries. The pain is worse than child birth, in my opinion. The doctors solution is to go on the pill, get an implant or the Depo Provera injection. I'm 48 and don't really want to go on the pill and I know the depo provera makes me put on weight. I don't know much about the implant, but I told my doctor I'm willing to try almost anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here