SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlotte_vale

Here's my story...

charlotte_vale
9 years ago

I just discovered the term phantom period.

I'm 49 1/2 (hee hee). I've had minor perimenopause symptoms for the last year or so such as headaches a bit of anxiety. I have had a few longer periods over the last year one 43 day, one 51 day. Other than that, they are fairly regular.

My last period which was normal in length and flow ended on Wednesday June 4th. On Thursday June 5th I had an unprotected intimate encounter. As I don't want to offend any readers, let's just say it wasn't traditional intercourse.

Friday June 27th was to be the start of my period, I keep tabs on my cycle via an online website. It didn't start and each day I was becoming more 'worried' because of the intimate encounter. FYI- I had trouble conceiving naturally 19 years ago and had to use Clomid and Artificial Insemination.

I took a home pregnancy test (EPT) on Friday July 4th. And followed the directions to the letter. It came back negative.

I'm experiencing period like feelings: tender breasts, heaviness, almost feels like the flow is there, but no actually bleeding. Then the period like symptoms kind of ebb and flow, but for sure there is no 'flow'! :)

So are phantom periods real?

I thought about taking a second pregnancy test at the end of this week just to make sure.

All comments welcome!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company