Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New and need help!!

Posted by donna1960 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 08 at 14:25

I'm 48 and have for the last year and half had dry skin, vaginal dryness, dry hair, very moody, very dry eyes. My periods are always on time. Every 26 days. I havent started this month its been 39 days and my breasts are SORE and I feel bloated and my stomach feels like I'm going to start but nothing yet. Is this all normal? Should I worry about anything? No hot flashes. I do wake up every morning betwee 3:30 and 4:30. right now the breasts are my main problem and dry eyes. HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New and need help!!

I mentioned in another thread that I've been reading the book The Wisdom of Menopause - by Christiane Northrup, MD. It's very good - talks about how you can experience many symptoms long before meno during peri-meno. She talks about what you describe.

o

Somehow you feel like your the only one going thru this and everyone thinks your crazy. Good thing I have a understanding husband. Most of the time I feel like I'm in limbo. )-:

o

I'm brand new to this forum and I have had those same symptoms very recently Donna. I am 45 and haven't had a real period this past month. I had a visit with my gyno and he said I appeared to be perimenopausal....I think I've been peri for at least 5 years now and didn't know it...

o

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THE NAUSEA AND DIZZNESS. I AM 48 ALSO AND LIFE HAS BEEN HELL FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS STARTED AS NAUSEA, SWEATS,FLUSHING ,AND I GET THESE ANDRENALINE LIKE FEELINGS MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES TOWARD THE HIGH SIDE THEN IT COMES BACK TO NORMAL .HAD THE SORENESS IN ONE BREAST TURNED OUT I HAD A CYST WITH FLUID IN IT ,VERY DRY FLAKY SKIN,DRY RED EYES,ALSO FOUND MY DIGESTIVE TRACK WAS OFF ALSO HAD TO START ADDING MORE FIBER INTO THE DIET .AND I AM A LITTLE CRANKY AND THAT IS NOT ME I AM ALWAYS UP BEAT AND HAPPY .
MY GYN TOLD ME NAUSEA AND DIZZINESS AND SOME OF THE OTHER SYMPTOMS WERE NOT PART OF THE CHANGE OF LIFE .BUT BLOOD TEST PROVED MY ESTROGEN WAS LOW BUT SHE TOOK THE SAME STANCE .I HAD TO GO TO A GASTRO DOCTOR ,ENT AND ALLERGIST NO ONE COULD COME UP WITH AN ANSWER FOR ME .BUT READING THE POSTINGS ON MENOPAUSE I KNOW NOW THAT I AM GOING THRU THE CHANGE OF LIFE MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS I HAVE .I AM FINDING MYSELF A NEW GYN .

o

I had breast pain for 2 years every month lasting for a couple of weeks before my period. It was so severe that I couldn't even walk fast w/o them aching. I have very small breasts. I told my Dr. about it every year when I went in for my annual and he laughed when I said it was a good thing that I wasn't a C or D or I'd die. No help from him however. My RN daughter had a friend at work who suggested Arbonne Progestrone creme. I used it and for the first time in 2 years was pain free. I'm now on creme from the compounding pharmacist. I found an understanding OB/GYN who didn't laught at my complaints.

o

Hi I have the nausea, moodiness and I swear my boobs are bigger. The dizziness is outrageous, along with anxiety, I am losing weight i went from 130 to 110 in 5 months..The stress of PERI. is driving me nuts

o

Hi Peri........I also have lost alot of weight going through menopause......and have had every GI test done possible and they say there is nothing wrong....I think its the anxiety that causes the weight loss....
MOJO.....I have the same adrenal rushes that you mentioned and I think they are one of the worse symptoms of menopause....I was taking lopressor and they stopped but when I was switched to a different and I guess cheaper brand of it the rushes are back...just a couple a day but still drive me crazy.....My MD says that some women get these rushes in place of hot flashes....she said she had them also when peri....my GYN (males) says that its not true.....this is a hard time in a woman's life and I dont understand how many can have so many problems and many dont have one problem going thru this menopause thing...I have had enough symptoms for about 20 women lol....its does help to have forums like this .......have a good one all......

o

I wish part of my menopausal symptoms was losing weight,..it might make it seem better somehow...I seem to be gaining... I can relate to not sleeping for the past 5 years. I wake up at 2-3 a.m. and don't go back to sleep until 5ish...up at 6. I get pms type symptoms and at the time my period is supposed to arrive I get sometimes a swipe of blood and other times nothing only to have blood dripping down my legs two weeks later unannounced. lovely...I wonder why men don't go through this? Actually, I wouldn't even wish this onto my first husband.

o

Thank you all for replying. I am happy valeriecrafty , that you lost weight as well..They couldnt find any thing wrong, Lipase Amylayse. H plori. Ulcer. Gerd . All clear!. HIV NEG. Leukemia.NEG// Guess it is PERI!! I have lost 30 lbs since this began in JAnuary

o

I have lost 58 since Jan,,I went to doc today because of lower abd. pain.....the pain that I have had every test for...doc says maybe its stress related (rolling eyes)..and gave me another script for xanax......and did talk about anti depressants......I told her that I cant take them (had bad side effects when I tried them before)..I just wish it would all go away!!...doc said it will stablize out.....cant wait....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here