Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Flashes

Posted by organic_edwina (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 23, 09 at 14:12

Now that Im on the other side - it makes me so mad how many women have been at best ignored and at worst harmed while going through menopause. There are awful, ugly drugs that dont do anything, and its a shame to see the medical profession failing miserably at helping out with something that 51% of the population goes through. It seems like theres no reliable information out there.

I tried using wild yam crme during my change, and then found this: Wild Yam myth Its such a shame to see so many women duped about what will or wont help. Two of my girlfriends now have soy allergies from overusing refined soy products in hopes of staving off hot flashes. I once noted that over half the black cohosh products on the shelves are not standardized for Remiferin, its no wonder so many women find no relief from it. It seems whether you go the standard medical route to suppressing menopause symptoms or whether you try to treat it herbally theres no good centralized advice and I think its just societys misogyny that leaves so many of us screwed up.

Im trying not to just write about despair the problems, so as far as a solution the only product I found that I actually used and liked was this: ChiliPad which is a bed chiller to help with nighttime hot flashes. Worked GREAT, but theres still the daytime, and theres still the other symptoms. Giving up caffeine, sugar, refined flour, and alcohol was also really useful for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: ChiliPad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Flashes

glad you found something that helped you

o

I am soo here right now. Miserable. Night sweats where I'm throwing off blanket, only to freeze a couple minutes later. Over and over, all night. It feels like I'm not getting any sleep.

I can do without all the rest but I refuse to give up my Lattes. No, no, no! Death before decaf!

o

Hi golddust have you tried placing a fan next to your bed hun that helps me some also i have got a summer quilt an put pure cotton on it im not saying it stops the sweats but it helps i do get a bit more sleep than iwas doing why do you refuse to give up your lattes is caffene causing you some problems i drink de caff now because of palpatations but ive managed to find a remedy for that now i take magnesium n calcium tablets every morning and that stopped them i can even have a few glasses of wine now i go to bed early get up early i only work part time now but doing a bit of something helps to take my mind of my physical problems and i get tired out as well so i sleep through the flushes a little easier i take cammomile tea right before bed as well i think that helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here