SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angs_pool

WOW! Has this ever been a week that needs forgotten!

angs_pool
17 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum, Thanks for any help you can give me!! I feel like I found a new Family!!

A week ago Saturday my perimenopause symptoms came crashing in, I would have never thought they would come on so suddenly. To top it off my whole family DH 2 kids (9 & 3) and I had some kind of stomach virus!!

Let me also say misery does love company, because everytime I left my home I would look around at people and see if they looked "tired and moody" like I was.. LOL

I had NO IDEA what was going on with me until this past Saturday when I couldn't stand the sleepless nights and "not feeling like myself" any longer, I went to a Dr. and He said I'am perimenopausal, Believe me I don't like the idea but at least it explain's everything that is going on with me from not being able to go to sleep,the mood swings, the joint pain in my elbows and wrists when I'm trying to get to sleep, I have to constantly change positions, so frusturation

OK, You all get my point! Anyway, I just found you guys last night and I have learned so much already THANKS so much! I woke up at about 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.

I"M SO TIRED!! PLEASE HELP ME SLEEP!!

I'm almost 41 and I'm not going to take the Zoloft or the sleeping pills the Dr. perscribed, I didn't fill the perscriptions, Thank goodness because the Dr. didn't say Zoloft was a Anti~depressant he just said that what he was perscribing effects the right side of the brain that controls mood swings, sounds good huh?? He perscribed me 25mg but he said a normal dose is 150mg, so I didn't need much, It would just help with my mood swings. Then I got home and researched it and found out it's a anti~depessant, I'm not depressed.

So what I'm hoping is for some advice on natural things I can do for sleep, I just can't get my mind to go to that sleepy place~~I really can handle everything else now that I know what it is, It was the not knowing that was scary,

the deep breathing helps alot but at night when I'm trying to get to sleep, I snap awake, it's like I'm happy that I'm almost asleep and I'm making myself aware of it~~do you understand? I have a hard time understanding myself, lol

I read some of you like the natural Progresterone cream, so I want to try that after I talk to a new GYN on Thursday, I have a male right now and I think I need a female so she will understand what I'm going through..

Is there any side effects with the cream??

I really just need some sleep!

Thanks ladies for your help!

Angie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio