SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diamond_cat

Enjoying no period, but should I be worried?

diamond_cat
10 years ago

I am 41 years old and haven't had a period for maybe 5-6 months. Before that I was perfectly on schedule and never missed one or had a long or short one unless I was pregnant. So all of a sudden they just stopped. I knew I wasn't pregnant so I let it go for a couple months because, frankly I enjoyed not having periods. Eventually I went to see my OB, she prescribed Prometrium and did blood work. According to her, all my blood work came back normal. I didn't take the prometrium because a week later I got a period. Since then nothing. I'm thinking I could be going into menopause because I know my fertility started declining rapidly at about 33 years old. But, other than the missed period, I don't have any symptoms (that I can tell). But from my past experiences, I know I have a very high tolerance to any type of hormone drugs and never got much, if any, side effects from them. So I'm thinking that is why I might not be feeling any of the effects of menopause. So my question is, since it isn't bothering me and I'm happy to not have the periods anymore, then why should I care? Why should I take prometrium? My OB mentioned something about bone loss (I think) but can't I just take a calcium pill? I'd appreciate any insight I can get into this new chapter. Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen