Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bi-est and progesterone therepy

Posted by april35 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 07 at 9:24

I am 35 years old and have premature ovarian failure. I have not had a menstral cylce in over 2 years. I am on my fourth month of Bi-est and Progesterone/testosterone cream therepy. My dr. said that I would have a period once I started on the therepy -- nothing yet. Is this normal? Should I be expecting a period? I was holding onto the slim possibility that I could still get pregnant.
My pharmacist said the reason insurance companies do not pay for most compounded things is that they use code numbers on pharmacy drugs that are massed produced. If they are made in the pharmacy they dont have a code number.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bi-est and progesterone therepy

I went into menopause due to surgery and tried several Hormone Replacements including estrogen patches that didn't work. I just started on the bi-est and progesterone therapy and it's working great. I never thought the hot flashes and night sweats would go away but they did and now I don't cry over every little thing. The doctor said I wasn't getting any progesterone and that was causing my bouts of crying and depression.

It's not that expensive (my insurance co won't pay for it) but it's worth every penny.

I'm not sure about the period part as I haven't had one in about 4 years due to my surgery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here