Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do for night sweats

Posted by marric (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 9:18

For the past few years I have had heavy night sweats. I refuse to go on HRT. Is there something else I can take to lessen the severity of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do for night sweats

I take a phytoestrogen. It contains Dried Black Cohosh Extract, Dried Soy Extract, and Dried Dong Quai Extract. I went from night sweats a couple times a night to an occasional power surge at night where I just have to throw off the blankets to be comfortable.

o

There was a question on the news about how people were beating the heat. One woman caller said she soaked a towel, put it in the freezer and when she went to bed, she wrapped the towel in a larger terry towel and put that in her pillow case. I decided if it worked for the heat it might help with night sweats so I tried it. The best nights sleep I've had in a long time! I don't get them every night but about one week a month I wake up each night drenched. Marg

o

my sweats have gotten really bad at night regardless of any hrt ive had tablets and patches all they seem to do is raise my bp and make me wheezy and chesty cough ive resorted to a fan at my bedside to help cool me down i get very little sleep most nights i wake up constantly red hot i cant stand the added body heat of my husband i wake him up loads asking him to move away from me its awful i hope it ends one day

o

Night sweats have now included hot flashes through out the day! Was on Zoloff for a month didn't help at all I am now taking effexor, can't take hormone replacements, going through Chemo for Brest cancer. My Son bought me a Chillow. It's a pillow you fill with water to help keep your pillow cool. I will try it tonight and let you lady know what I think.
I've tried everything to sleep at night so far nothing helps. Fans light sheets, water by the bed side, estrogen before I was diagnosed with Cancer, now I do have a prescription for sleeping pills but am a little worried about taking them. I have tried to increase my vit a and d, but so far nothing. The Air-conditioner helped a little last night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here