Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evista?

Posted by OhioJudy (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 02 at 8:10

Ok , with the new scare on hrt the Dr. told me to ease off premarin and gave me a perscription for Evista for hot flashes, in looking it up I read 1 in 4 patients GET hot flashes... great. Has anyone used it, now I wonder if Dr. knows what he's doing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evista?

Hey Judy, I just saw this post. Yes, I have used Evista and I experienced a few hot flashes here and there, but nothing unbearable, but they are not bad for me without it.
I quit taking the stuff because the insurance didn't pay for it and it was $70 a month for these tinsy tiny pills. I think I will go back to it, though. I am now on Estratest and Provera. All of this talk scares me and it is so hard to know what to do. Somehow, my gut tells me to do the most natural thing and that is to just take as little as possible. With the Evista, as you said, the hot flashes may continue plus it doesn't help with osteoporosis. But calcium supplements can take care of that.
Let me know what you decide to do. Good Luck.
Lu

o
RE: Evista?

Evista is not for treatment of hot flashes or menopausal symptoms--it is not an estrogen replacement therapy. It is a drug used to prevent osteoporosis in post-menopausal women. Do not take Evista together with an estrogen--they counteract each other in a chemical sort of way. Go back and talk to the gynecoloigst--don't medicate yourselves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here