Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had a migraine that lasted 3 days

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 6:39

I get them infrequently, but they never lasted more than a day. The nausea and vomiting were awful this time. I read where menopause can throw migraines out of control. I'm back at work, but still feel weak. Has anyone gone through this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had a migraine that lasted 3 days

I saw that no one had answered you, so I thought I would! I don't have migraines, but I do know that a hormonal imbalance (I think it is too much estrogen) can cause them. A compounding pharmacist can give you a test kit to check your estrogen and progesterone levels. It might be worth a try. I do hope you find a resolution. It's so frustrating to hurt and not know WHY! Good luck!

o

Thanks for answering! I had bloodwork done yesterday to check my hormone levels. I'll find out later this week what the story is. I also discovered I have a urinary tract infection, for which the doctor gave me antibiotics. I'm feeling weak today; menopause sucks!

o

Years ago, I had a urinary tract infection that went undetected because I didn't have any symptoms. I developed a headache and it got more intense over several days. At that point, I developed a high fever and became very ill. I went to the emergency room and the doctor discovered I had a UTI that was almost going to my kidneys. I was given an antibiotic and it quickly got rid of the infection.

Did your doctor confirm your headache was a migraine and had nothing to do with your UTI? Most women I've talked to are quite aware when they have a UTI, but I figure I'm not the only one to have had a symptom-free UTI, so I thought I'd mention the possibility.

Hope you're feeling better.

Tina

o

When I originally saw the doctor last Tuesday, I did not have any UTI symptoms, so I never thought of giving a urine sample. The symptoms showed up on Sunday, the day before my second appointment. When I gave a sample on Monday, it showed the infection. One thing I thought about was, I threw up several times when I had the headache, and wet my pants each time. I could have given myself an infection that way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here