Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Estratest and Provera

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 02 at 1:53

Is anyone familiar with taking these two medications at the same time? I continue to be on the fence about whether I should take HRT or not. I really don't have any bad symptoms not being on anything, but I know that they have some benefits (so they say) for menopausal women. It is so hard to know what to do. I have not had a hysterectomy but I am almost 50 and menopausal.
Lu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Estratest and Provera

I took estratest and provera off and on for years and the only problem I had was tender breasts. My doctor just recently advised me to stop taking HRT because of my family history and the new research on HRT. Now I'm suffering from Hot Flashes, ugh! Hopefully I'll find something soon to correct the problem. We have MATURED, isn't it fun!!!!

o
RE: Estratest and Provera

Yes, just a real blast. I am tempted to get off of this stuff and go ahead and bite the bullet and take the Evista and supplemental calcium pills. It'so hard to know what to do.
Let me know if you find something that works for you. Thanks! Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here