Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hair loss and meno

Posted by gburgcountrygirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 23:27

OK I am the queen of research online. I did find many, many pages that said it is common for women to experience hair loss during meno and some even get bald spots.

OH WONDERFUL...NOT!

Now, what to do about it? I couldn't find any answers except to change your diet and reduce your stress. How can you reduce stress when you are too busy having hot flashes, night sweats, and aches and pains all the time...oh and add the mood swings in there too!

Now I realize why my mom's hair is VERY THIN (so she still does the teasing method, like the old boofon hairdoos) and why my grandma has many wigs!

There has got to be an easy answer that doesn't cost a million dollars? Isn't there? I thought about hair extentions, but I cannot afford those either?

Any answers from others out there?

P.S. I am goignto start "estrovin" a natural thing for meno and see if that helps any of my symptoms, maybe I will get lucky huh?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hair loss and meno

I went to dermotologist for my hair thinning. Had no clue I was in meno, neither did the doctor. I just started using good quality shampoos and conditioners. Cut back on meat and carbs (lost 16 pounds). The thinning stopped after a few months, hair is restored. I think it corrected itself because I was not worried due to ignorance !!!!!

o
RE: hair loss and meno

Hi gburgcountrygirl, I started menopause 6 years ago and its still going strong. Have every symptom and then some. Two weeks ago my hair started to fallout. I was very upset and called my gyno whom has so much patience with me. He suggested taking a vitamin biotin which you can find at a drug store. I've been taking 2000 mcgs one with breakfast and one with dinner. Also pantene came out with a new line of shampoo and conditioner for volume which I also started to use. I have to say I noticed a difference already hair getting thicker and not falling out as bad. So give it a try no side effects from the biotin either which is a plus. Good luck hope info helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here