Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soyisoflavions? Take em?

Posted by arum (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 12, 06 at 20:51

Do you take these? I did and they stoped my hot flash'es, now their back. My periods have stoped,but I'm afraid if I start the soy again they will come back. I think the soy helped my mood to be better, what do you think? Thanks, :) Arum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soyisoflavions? Take em?

How long have you been without your period? My understanding is that you need to be period free for one full year to be certain that you are through with them.. I have never heard of soy products inducing a period. I think returning to soy will not have any affect on your period.. but as always check with your physician when in doubt... a quick phone call to the office might relieve your doubts.

o

Soy and other phytoestrogens are 1000 times weaker than real human estrogen. I tried them for a year and they did nothing for my symptoms. I think your hot flashes stopped because your body was making more estrogen for a while. There are a lot of ups and downs during peri.

o

I haven't been period free for a year, and I did notice a definate difference when I took the soy. Maybe it's just different for different folks?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here