Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
going on 52 days

Posted by gabrielesgarden (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 30, 06 at 18:58

I'm 45 years old and have had periods you could set your clock to. I'm not on birth control, had a tubal about 15 years ago. March was my last normal period. Ever since then it's beem 18 days on, 6 days off, 10 days on, 6 days off, 6 days on, 18 days off and now it's been 52 days on (lite to spotty to normal for 1 day etc.). I'm getting sick of this! Been thinking about going to the doc but my mom says to just hold off for awhile, it's just premenopause. Funny thing is that when I was 13 and started my period, I had it for a whole year...is that how I'm going to end my menses too? :-)

I'm not having hot flashes, but i'm also not having cramps or heavy flows, or tender breasts like I always have had.

Anyone ele experiencing anything similar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: going on 52 days

It probably IS perimenopause, but you shouldn't "hold off" on seeing a gyno, you never know.... Now's the time you should be getting your mammograms and etc. So always good to see the gyno whether it's 'just' perimenopause or not. It's good to keep the doc updated, the better updated they are, the better continual care they can provide.

o
RE: going on 52 days

My bloodwork last year said I was in menopause, but I was getting my period up to a month ago. Now I'm feeling "pre-menstrual" symptoms, and wouldn't be surprised if I get my period soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here