SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renjenlo

Dealing with heart palpitations

renjenlo
11 years ago

I've dealt with palps my whole adult life...in my 20's and 30's I would have an occasional one but nothing ever to write home about. When I turned 40 my life was turned around by these crazy things. I started to have them more frequently until one day i was having them so much (about every 2 to 3 beats) that I had a anxiety/panic attack and my husband had to rush me to the hospital because we both had no idea what was going on with me. Well..of course they found nothing wrong and sent me home. I made an appt with my dr and he told me I had benign PVCs. Well..ok..WHY? No one knows..it's just one of those phenomenoms. So I researched the web and found a few websites and finally a forum where all kinds of people that were going through the same thing I was were posting. OMG!! what a relief..I wasn't alone!!! Thank GOD!! So I dealt with them and learned how to cope with them..it wasn't easy. Alot of sleepless, scary nights and a few anxiety attacks later I pretty much had them under control as far as dealing with them..I learned that I was not going to die (which calmed me down alot) and I also found out the calcium/magnesium really helped me to sleep at night...it really seemed to calm the palps down and relax me. Well...they finally subsided all together and I had been pretty much palp free (with an occasional one here and there) until earlier this week. I had a really bad heavy period that lasted for 9 days and then the day after I finished BAM!! here they came..outta the blue. But this time I was ready for them...I'm not saying I wasn't bothered or upset or scared...I just knew what they were and what to do about them...I also did more research the other night and realized that theyre most likely related to peri-menopause which I'm sure i'm going through right now. They lasted for a few days and finally subsided yesterday around 6 or 7 pm and I really haven't felt any since then...but I'm not gonna sit around and worry that they'll come back thats for sure...I feel like I lost about 4 or 5 years of my life the last time I dealt with them...and I'll be darned if they do that to me again...So all of you who are dealing with this..be assured YOUR NOT DYING!! I know it's hard but just take a deep breath and live your life...this too shall pass..=)

Comments (9)

Sponsored