Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
numbness in extremities anyone?

Posted by jaysav (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 16:55

I am 52 was pretty normal until my period stopped for 8 months. Now I have aches and pains, high heels kill my feet and I get numbness in my feet and legs, extremely cold hands. I already have seen my family doctor and he sent me to a neurologist, had mri of brain, neck and back. Enough blood work to last a few years. My hot flashes, mood swings and crying jaggs are mild in comparison.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: numbness in extremities anyone?

Hi jaysav,

I am 54 and the same thing no period for 8 months and then WHAM started bleeding heavily and on the 4th of July no less. Just started to have numbness in my feet and legs. I just went to the Dr. for a referral for a Mammogram and Colonoscopy and also told her about my Mood swings, crying, getting angry and told her I needed something. Was put on 20mg. of Paxil and that's when I noticed the numbness. She wants to do fasting labwork, for Diabetes, Thyroid, Kidney, and Cholesterol function. Do you take any supplements? I have been taking 2000 mg of Fish Oil, 1200 mg Calcium w/ Vitamin D, 2000 mg. of D3 and a Thyroid Complex. I also wanted to mention that I am about 40lbs overweight, which doesn't help matters. Now my blood pressure is borderline high. It's hard to get motivated when you feel like crap!!!

o
RE: numbness in extremities anyone?

Hi Earthygal,

Glad to get a response! I was taking multi vit,omega 3's,cod liver oil,curcumin (for aches) which seems like the only thing that really works. Now taking products from Mitchell May for 2 weeks Powder supplement, womens vit, vitamin C. Other products from health food store Calcium-Mag combination,curcumin. I tried to stop everything else but that didn't work too many aches.
From what I understand reduced hormone levels can cause just about any symptom. I am not taking any prescribed meds because no doc is listening that closely. My new gyno gave me a pamphlet and a diet sheet, I called administration and changed gyno's, haven't scheduled an appointment yet and yes it was a woman!! I am sorry but I am about the same amount overwieght as you and women that weigh 110 lbs are having big issues with meno also.

I hope you were entertaining at home on the 4th and not at the park. We have to pick our battles with meno, what are we going to ignore this week and what will we allow ourselves to freak out about. I went to a baseball game last night, gave all these requests park close to where the seats are, not too many stairs etc. what do I do as we are leaving? Stumble going up the stairs and almost fall, same thing I did last time. It's like I have to stand for a minute and work out the kinks before heading out.

I hope you are having a good day. I have rambled enough come back to this thread if you want to follow up or I was unclear about some thing.

Sending Good Thoughts JaySav

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here