SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

Hard to post this

SmokyMist
15 years ago

Boy is it hard for me to post something so personal that I know will show up if anyone does a search for my username, but I need to talk !!

I dont' know what I'm going through. I'm 43, will be 44 in Sept. I'm a single mom, very close to my kids, and they are great kids, alot of help to me, alot of support.

I work from home also, so I don't exactly get out and have alot of 'outside' friends I can sit and chat with about this.

How do you know if you're going through menopause ? I dont' have insurance, but I'm thinking i'll have to bite the bullet and go to the doctor.

I've always been emotional, and always cried easily, but this past year...man has it gotten worse. Especially the past three-four months. And right now...this feeling of this deeply rooted sadness that is almost physical.

My periods have gotten worse every month, and this month, If you include today ( which is the last day of the month), I'm having two.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and a song came across, from the 80's ...something like ' Living long after the thrill ...of living is gone" and boy did that one make me cry !!

Things are bothering me and sticking to me like never before. Problems at my daughter's dance studio are bugging me so much I go to bed thinking about them, wake up thinking about them, and no amount of trying to talk myself out of thinking about them is helping me.

I can't sleep. I never can sleep a full night through. The least little sound wakes me up, it could be a fly in the room and it wakes me up.

I've noticed a big difference in my hair of all things...not as shiny anymore, seems thinner and lifeless. I know that's probably a small thing, but it bothers' me ! I'm tender and sore in places and having little cysts come up under my arm the size of peas. They stay a while, are very sore, then go away.

My energy level has dropped drastically. I'm having a hard time finding any fun in life anymore, and this is crazy cause in January I was having a blast doing the Tyra Banks show in New York...but just months later it's different !

So am I going nuts ? Is it too early to go through menopause. Years ago my doctor told me I was experiencing Peri-menopause, but that was like 8 years ago, and she couldn't do a thing for me.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional