Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
depression/anxiety

Posted by jaynelouise (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 15:57

Hello, I have been having a lot of 'arthritic' type pain for the past 6 years - I am 49 now - I haven't had a period for over two years. I am sooo tired of trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I have been told it's fibromyalgia also myofacia pain. I have 'flare-ups' of pain also getting more anxious/depressed with each flare.

I have recently started to get obssessed with the thought of my elderly mum becoming ill and/or dieing it is taking over my every waking moment - I am so scared by this as I don't think I could ever come to terms with losing my mum - just writing this down is making me panicky - does anyone else understand? Is there anyone who has been through this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: depression/anxiety

hi jaynelouise,
I'm sorry you're feeling as bad as you are. If you have a definate diagnosis of fibromyalgia I would suggest you go to one of the forums. There is lots of help from fellow sufferers and someone there might be able to give you some advice. Just type in "fibromyalgia symptoms" and you will find a large site www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org. The anxiety and the depression might be associated with menopause or a combination of both fibro and menopause. I had been having really awful feelings of anxiety and dread and was given supplements from a really good health food shop in my area. I was told to take b vitamins and magnesium and I can say it has helped. I was diagnosed with FMS about 9 years ago but my symptoms come and go so I don't know if it was right. I have also had really bad menopause symptoms for about 2 years so the combination of both is horrendous. I too have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me for 9 years and sometimes it is just overwhelming. I'm sorry I can't come up with anything else for you but I hope it helps somewhat. Take care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here