Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vitamin B6

Posted by RubyinParadise (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 02 at 15:57

Wondering if any of you use Vitamin B6? My OB encouraged me to start B6, but I just ignored him. Last week I read somewhere that B6 will help you lose the water retention you get.
I almost immediately went and bought some and within 3-4 days my fluid retention is gone. Does anyone else use it for this reason? and has it worked this well for you?
I, also, feel like my appetite has calmed down a bit.

Ruby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vitamin B6

Hi Ruby ~ Thanks for the tip. I had not heard that B6 would help in water retention. I thought it was taken for energy, like B12. What dosage are you taking?

Keep up the good work!

Sarah

o

Hi Sarah,
He told me I could take either 50mg. or 100 mg. daily; I'm taking the 100 mg. and continue to NOT retain water and I feel so much better.
Ruby

o

I take it but for a different reason. My Mom read that it is helpful for severe cramps, that and fish oil, so I started taking both. I don't think it helps one bit, but it can't hurt either so I continue to take it.

o

I have been taking it for a week...... no more puffy ankles!

o

I have never had a problem with water retention except when I was in my 20's and on birth control pills. But I take a multi-vitamin with MDA of B6 and a separate B-Complex. I also take lots of other stuff - calcium 3 times a day, glucosamine/condritant twice a day, Vitamin E and C twice a day, soy isoflavones twice a day - I don't know if any of this helps, but I am healthy and happy so I guess I'll get choking down the pills every day!
Cathleen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here