Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Estrace Vag Cream virsus Vagifem

Posted by cindy57 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 15:21

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has tried both and what your thought is on it. I used Vagifem three x a week for 5 months and still had to use Replends moisturizer 2 to 3x a week. My insurance doesn't cover it and I asked my Doctor if there was something else comparable out there but for less money. She prescribed Estrace Vag Cream. It costs me 30.00 for the Estrace versus the 36.95 I was paying for Vagifem. The Estrace is a little messy but you know I get a lot more relief with Estrace than I did with Vagifem and I don't have to use Replends ($14.99) anymore so I'm saving lots of money. The thing is with Estrace I use a small dose every other day and because it's a cream I can use some on the outside if need be too. Where Vagifem you get 8 of those pills a month and that's it. Well just wanted your thoughts on the subject.

Cindy57

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Estrace Vag Cream virsus Vagifem

How much do you use every other day? What are the symptoms for which you are using estrogen?

THanks!
Maggie

o
RE: Estrace Vag Cream virsus Vagifem

Hi Maggiecttr, I use Estrace Vaginal Cream for Vaginal Atrophy. Symptoms are dryness, burning and itching on outside and painful intercourse. My life was miserable before starting this medication. The Vagifem worked but not as well as Estrace. I use about 1gm everyother day inserted into the vagina. I was told that by inserting medication into the vagina, it doesn't cross the blood stream like HRT oral pills do. It is a lot less harmful than HRT but yes it is still estrogen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here