SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mylittleredbarn

atrophy and anxiety

mylittleredbarn
10 years ago

I am 38 and about two years into perimenopause, which is a typical age in our family. I am married and have had a wonderful sex life until the stress and pain of this time in life hit. I have months where the symptoms are all liveable and uneventful for the most part, and then it's like it all just comes crashing down around me. Vaginal and anal atrophy have been unbearable for several months now, with relief being sporadic although I am working with a new dr. who is determined to help find something that will work. I thought the Carlson's vitamin E suppositories were making a big difference until I also got a yeast infection and the burning was terrible! I am finishing up a prescription for that, and then I want to find something that brings my life back! When these crashing times hit, my energy plummets, my mind is consumed by anxiety, and the hot flashes are almost constant. I have a high breast cancer rate in my family and want to avoid hrt's if at all possible. My dr. brought up trying 5HTP, St. Johns Wort, or Sam-E. I am also looking at a combination of flax and Vitamin E suppositories. So glad to have found this forum--any words of wisdom will be appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored