Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Running hot and cold

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 22, 06 at 12:56

I started to get chills all the time. Thought, "well, this is what I'm going to get instead of hot flashes". Boy, was I wrong! Now I get hot flashes, then chills. Is this normal? I always read about the hot flashes, but not cold ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Running hot and cold

yeah, it's pretty normal... not for me, but for a lot of people... I need the chills right now, it's 105 here! :o) Unfortunately, the hotter it is, the more hot flashes I get.

o

Yup, I get hot flashes, followed by cold chills and chills followed by hot flashes. Sometimes I get so icy cold that I just can't get warm. When I get the chills, I know a hot flash is not far behind. I think our thermostats are haywire...

o

Out of curiosity, how many hot flashes do you get in a day? I average 10.

o

wow cheerful! you are busy! Are you on hormones? I, with my progesterone cream only get one or two, but everyone is different... 10 is a )(*&^$#@! lot!

o

No, I'm not on hormones. Curiously, the beginning of the hot flashes coincided with the first month of my not getting a period.

o

even when I was on hrt I still would get hot flashes, only not as severe..mine were more apt to happen with exertion such as going up and down stairs to that *!*#* laundry room.. and the same with hot/cold..like a faucet.. it seems with some people they will lessen the further you get into menopause, although that isn't helping you much now.

o

I hope mine does! My periods are FINALLY starting to become irregular... I sure would like it to happen that when my period stops, so do the hotflashes! :o) It happened for a friend of mine and I am WAITING!

o

This is so funny, I went off HRT and started getting sweats.During the night I would wake up suddenly, like "Renie, wake up I have a surprise for you" and WHAM a night sweat. I would get the chills, and shiver (thought I was getting the flu) then a hot flash would follow.
Get about 4 a night but numerous during the day, and for no apparent reason. In air conditioning or not, they would come, and no matter what I was doing at the time
It is true, everyone is different, but this forum is great to hear I am not the only one going through this craziness.

o

I am having the same problem. First it started at night and now it is during the day. Hot then cold and on and on. I thought I missed this because I have not had a period in over a year. Is that normal???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here