SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lbarr_gw

My Menopause Story

lbarr
14 years ago

I had what I call my first "hormonal experience" when I was 38 years old. All at once, I was overcome by an incredible rushing sensation, not quite a hot flash, although I did heat up a little. I started shaking, then I started having dry heaves and actually had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to lose my breakfast. This probably lasted 3 minutes. I've had 3 of these "experiences". Since then, periods were 3 days this month, 12 days the next and so on. At age 42 I stated to my gynecologist, "We need to talk about menopause", and he laughed at me! He's no longer my gynecologist. About 2 1/2 years ago at age 45 I began feeling nauseous all day everyday. They did all the upper GI tests they could think of and found nothing wrong. During one visit to my doctor I asked, "Could this be menopause?" She said, without hesitation, "You're too young." And dismissed me and my symptoms out of hand. She's no longer my doctor. I began having hot flashes here and there when I started with the nausea but nothing major. Then, the day after my 46th birthday the hot flashes came on with a vengeance and I've been having them approximately every 20-30 minutes since. I started taking Black Cohosh in January. The box said it could take 4-5 weeks to be effective. 4-5 weeks came and went with no relief. So at that time I started to double up on the black cohosh and added a B-complex vitamin. Still nothing. I added some vitamin E and for about 2 weeks in April I was hot flash free. THEN THEY CAME BACK!! I now take black cohosh, B-complex, fish oil, flaxseed oil and vitamin E. I'm thinking I'll just stop wasting the money and stop taking everything because, IT'S JUST NOT WORKING!! luckygardnr, I have asked my SO to shoot me in the head several times and it's only been 2 1/2 years. She won't do it! Thanks for letting me vent, I am so frustrated!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm