Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problems with magnesium and nasal drainage

Posted by imlindy (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 10:57

I hope someone on here can relate! I am 51 and in the middle of menopause, yuck!! 4 months ago I had an absessed tooth and they gave me amoxicyllan for 10 days and then I had a root canal. Ever since then I have had my full blown menopause weird head, hot flashes, irregular fast heartrate and just plain feeling horrible. I heard many of you say that magnesium had helped so I tried to increase magnesium rich foods in my diet and when I do, I get alot of draining in my nasal passages which causes extreme burning in my tummy and increases hot flashes and such. I went to the emergency room a few days ago and they said all my blood tests are great and I also had a CT of my head and that was normal as well. They did say that I had sisusitis and had me take a 3 day nasal spray, drainage still happening but not so foul tasting. I am on day 12 of estradial and took 2 days of progesterine, did not take one this morning, as blood pressure feels like its through the roof!! I am also taking celexa (anti-depressant) and xanax for anxiety. I would like to know what kind of supplements or such that can help balance me out. Anyone can relate or have any advice, I am desperate!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problems with magnesium and nasal drainage

Hi, are you any better now? Have things improved for you over time?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here