SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulabelle_mama

Sudden Swelling of Joints & Leg Muscle Pain

lulabelle_mama
16 years ago

Hello Ladies.

Just stumbled upon your forum while looking for answers to a recent health development and thought I'd send out my question to your expertise. I'm 50 and in the deep throes of the "change of life"....what a ridiculously simple expression for a maddeningly complicated and exhausting time!! Over the past 6 months I've experienced some of the worst leg muscle cramping I've ever had in my life: esp. the long muscles that run from the inner thigh/groin down to the knee. Absolutely debilitating....middle of the night seizing happens regardless of diet, exercise, vitamin intake, etc. I've experimented with all the "natural" remedies and finally ended up with some very mild antidepressants which seem to stop them (mental relief as well?) but they also make me so sleepy that unless I take them right at bedtime, I'm a wreck, and even then I'm foggier than usual (is that possible?) the next day. Has anyone else had experiences with this?

More troubling is the most recent problem: a sudden onset of joint swelling in hands, fingers, elbows, knees. "Sudden" means that I went to bed feeling a little achey and woke up barely able to move. It is scarey. I feel like I'm an arthritic 80 year old. I have had a stomach bug for the past few days and some waves of nausea too, but just chalked it all up to the menopause BS that comes and goes. However, this is definitely more serious....pain & numbness from hand swelling woke me up several times in the night. Shades from when I was pregnant (I know what you're thinking, it's not possible without a test lab).

Any help or insight would be helpful.

I don't want to run off to the DR. if this is just another "phase".

Thx so much!!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored