Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What makes you say 'darn' about yourself?

Posted by maggie200 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 1:36

Hello Pausettes, I know there are times when we think we may go out of our minds, But we try and we try. Yesterday morning I used up the last of the TP and I had TP on my mind until I left the room. I Returned later & said Maggie, why can't you follow yourself out to the closet and fix that situation right away? Well, I simply can't it seems and that's alright. Right? Tell me some of your favorite stories about yourself.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What makes you say 'darn' about yourself?

I am not sure what you mean, but I think it is about menopause symptoms. I didn't have any emotional signs going through menopause. But I do have a story regarding hormones. I was having serious headaches, that went on for around 17 years. I was around 40 when the doctors tossed me in the "nerve" basket. Hormones would cure everything of course, but I wouldn't take them. Finally my doctor said I have a new med I want you to try, it is 5 meds in one pill. Okay, I took them. Then one day my husband I were in the car going across town and he had a bag of chocolate covered peanuts in his lap. Every minute or two his hand would rattle the bag and then crunching the peanuts in his mouth. It went on for a while when I raised my voice and said can't you stop eating those things. On top of that I had trouble with my eyes, went to the eye doctor, was told it was the pill and that cost me $50. Later I went to the pharmacy and asked what was in the pill.....hormones, sneaky doctor. I told the pharmacist the effect it had on me, he said, "then you don't need hormones, that is what happens to women who have to many hormones." My husband laughed over that little episode until he lost his memory. He knew that I never acted like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here