Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excessive sweating & it's been 3 years since my hysterectomy

Posted by imwillow (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 1:32

I had a complete abdominal hysterctomy about 3 years ago. I have always been a heavy sweater but since then it's extremely bad. I can't do anything even slightly physical without sweating so bad I look like I just had a shower. Sweat gets in my eyes, I can't see where i'm going sometimes plus i weart glasses (I am very nearsighted) & it gets so bad that the sweat gets on my glasses & trying to see then is like trying to drive in the pouring rain with no windshield wipers. It interferes with alot of things I do. I don't take any kind of hormone replacements. I tried progesterone cream 1 time & had the worst "PMS" attack i've ever had the next day. I don't like taking pills & am trying to find something natural that will help me with this. I have even tried various herbal remedies with no success. It's really causing me alot of problems. And it's about to drive me nuts. Any help is appreciated on this
Willow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excessive sweating & it's been 3 years since my hysterectomy

imwillow

You have just described me to a "T".
I have been to so many Dr's with regards to it.
The condition is called "hyperhydrosis".
The day after my hysterectomy I started to sweat till I was soaked and have been that way ever since. There is no quality of life whatsoever with this condition.
I take Estrogel (this is an Estrogen gel - 2 squirts each day from a pre-measured pump (rubbed into forearms or upper thighs) and I also take one prometrium each evening.
This does absolutely nothing to ease the sweating.
Surgeons will suggest having certain sweat glands removed - however it is not advised as the sweating will just move onto other sweat glands.
Have you had your thyroid checked?
The thyroid is the thermostat of your body - I do not have thyroid trouble.
I am scheduled to see an internist on July 8/08 - hoping he can help me.
My nephew's friend is a doctor in Oklahoma and he was saying that if a person is overweight (which I am), the fat blocks the heat from exiting the body - therefore sweat profusely.
It's a terrible condition, and everything you described is me, right down to the total hysterectomy 3 yrs ago. I am 49 yrs. old.
If I find anything out at my appt. on the 8th of July, I will post to let you know.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here