Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone take Seasonale?

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 1:07

I have been taking seasonale for 2 months now when darn I missed a pill. I started bleeding.. not spotting but just bleeding a little. Well after 2 weeks I am bleeding heavy now. I continued to take these pills but tomorrow I am just going to go off of them and start my regular birth control on Sunday.
My other problem is my back. It is killing me. I do have herniated discs where it hurts but hurts when I sit, bend and move. It is like someone is pinching me very hard. Is this aggravated because of my menses?
So disgusted!
Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone take Seasonale?

What did your doctor say about it? I don't understand what you mean by "your regular birth control". Diaphram? IUD? Condom? If you miss taking one of your contraceptive pills you are suppose to start using a back-up form of birth control right away and continue to do so for at least one month while continuing with the rest of the pills on the regular schedule. You really should have called your doctor right away for advice when you missed the pill. There is a possibility that you became pregnant and are experiencing a miscarriage. Or you may have just thrown your system out of whack and need to be prescribed a different combination birth control pill.

The answer to your other question is "Yes". Uterine contractions during your menstrual period can aggavate existing problems in the spine. Bring this up to your doctor when you call him/her tomorrow and see if there is anything that can be done to relieve the pain or if it is severe enough, get a referal to an ostoepath.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here