Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
feeling alone

Posted by Gammi (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 23:03

I think I've entered menopause. I had surgery in Jan and a subsequent staph infection in Feb. My dr says my no periods could be due to stress to my body. But I think since its been this long that its menopause. I will be 50 in July.

My problem is that I don't personally know anybody else that has gone or is going through it. They are all either younger or had a hysterectomy. So I have no one to bounce things off of :(

For instance, my boobs have been extremely sore for three or four weeks now, I'm so moody I can't stand myself just to list a couple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: feeling alone

I do know how you feel. I don't really have anyone either around me that understands this. My husband surely doesn't and my daughter listens but no one can really get it unless you have gone through it yourself.

Try to keep yourself occupied. Not sure if you work but other than that you need to do something you enjoy as well. I go to the gym for some relief, takes walks, do gardening, anything that makes you happy. I know some days, NOTHING works but although you may feel alone you really aren't. There are so many women going through this on a daily basis and we are in that group right now.

Do you still get periods or are they just irregular? Just know that there is an end to this eventually and it does get better. I went to the library and took out a few books on peri/menopause and it helped tremendously. It made me realize that I am not crazy and helped me to figure out what was going on with my body.

o
RE: feeling alone

Yes I absolutely agree with TinaL that is what I'm trying to do! I went through menopause at 48/49 then due to bad anxiety and insomnia my doc persuaded me to try Activella, long story short it helped with those 2 things but gave me other problems like weight gain (lots) high blood pressure and 2 retinal haemorrages, so I quit cold turkey 4 months ago and now going through the same rough time I went through 2 years ago! Can't wait for it to be over! Try and keep busy, it helps a lot. Go well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here