Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flaxseed

Posted by mamabre (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 08 at 21:43

I'm new here and find this forum very helpful. I've heard that flaxseed in any form will help with the flashes and sweats, has anyone tried it? Thanks for great info.
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flaxseed

I've used ground flaxseed for several years and found it to be helpful for sleep disturbances connected with menopause, and I think it helped hot flashes too. Also the omega 3 in it is very healthy.
Generally i use about 3-4 tablespoons mixed in milk. You get used to the flavor.
Because of bone loss, I went on coumpounded transdermal bioidentical hrt 2 years ago, and found I wasn't having the symptoms, so didn't use the flaxseed. Lately, have been having some night sweats and sleep problems again, as they have been adjusting the hrt, and so have added back in the flaxseed, and found it helps me sleep and not wake up in a sweat at 4 am.

o

I take flaxseed softgels and I think it may have helped with hot flashes. I haven't had flashes in quite a while. I've also noticed that I don't have the tingle in my right hand fingers like I was having. Don't know if it's related, but I'm happy about that! :-)

o

I grind golden flaxseed in a coffee grinder that I bought specifically for that purpose. I heard the black colored seeds were not as good for you. I also heard that the ground seeds are better for you than the oil but I can't recall where I heard it from.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here