Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Menopause test

Posted by want2bnormal (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 07 at 20:53

I want to know where you get the test to find out your hormone levels. Moved from the big city to a beautiful little hamlet where the air is fresh and the doctors are different. My gyno said the tests are not reliable, and that I still have estrogen because I still have regular periods at age 54. Okay, I'm old and still going, but today I snapped at my wonderful husband, and I cried through supper. It is day 12 of my 30-day cycle. What I can assume is that I have hit bottom on the estrogen tank today. I hear people talking about their estrogen/testosterone/progesterone levels. Where do they get these levels checked?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Menopause test

Well, what little I know is that you cant reliably test for hormones, cuz they flucuate from minute to minute. Now the naturalist people say you can do it thru the salvia. The test I have seen, test the saliva 3 times a day. I swear sometimes i think it is like finding the little green men. The people that want to believe, believe. I am for finding the answers. I think the way to do it would be to have 2 different labs run those test. Labs that werent paid for my the people that want to sell herbal remedies. I dont know who they are?

o

Well, my internist did a blood test for the hormone levels. Wonder how accurate that was!

o

My friend had a blood test and it was very helpful, as it showed to her doctor that she was in full blown menopause. She is now on HRT and doing very well.

o

My doctor did the blood test for hormone levels and everything is normal, but because of mood swings and joint pain, plus some hot flashes, I tried some Estroven for a week. Haven't had any crying, but boy are my breasts sore! Wonder if it can be harmful to take Estroven if your hormone levels are "normal." Anybody know?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here