Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how long does it last

Posted by lynn_2006 (My Page) on
Mon, May 29, 06 at 17:09

I HAVE BEEN READING THE FOURM AND IT FEELS SO GOOD TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOING CRAZY.I AM 51 AND HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THIS FOR 3 YEARS. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THIS MENAPAUSE THING TAKES.I GET SO TIRED THAT I CAN'T HARDLEY STAY AWAKE,BUT MY LIFE IS SO BUSY I HAVE TO.IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR ALL OF US,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how long does it last

Everyone is different... it can last 10 years. This one friend of mine INSISTS that the hot flashes never stop... but I think that she is different.

o

I am going into my 7th year of it..when will it end? Can't help you with that.. You might try going to a physician that deals specifically with menopause and most likely a blood test will be ordered that can reliably tell you how far you are into it..it differs so much with each woman..my sister-in-law is nearly thru hers and we are the same age (53)..she has no symptoms other than some flashing..must be wonderful! On the other hand, I have been sick as a dog thruout this ordeal..after the first 5 years the symptoms have lessened but the tiredness has never left.. A good talk with your physician will give you an idea of the options available to you.. I chose to be on replacement therapy for almost 2 years, but eventually I felt just as bad on it as off.. it will get better but it depends on alot of things.. go see your Doctor.

o

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE.I CAN'T TAKE HTR. IT JUST FEELS GOOD BEING ABLE TO TALK TO WOMEN THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING.I THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR ADVICE.

o

Yeah, yer not loony... you might need some hormones, but you aren't loony.... course, wait a minnit.... you may just be loony, I might be too loony to tell the difference! :D

o

Well I'm 59 and still have periods once in a while. Right now it's not too bad but I've had such anxiety that I took Prozac for 2 years, then just quit and was ok. I also had a racing heart, went to the Dr. umpteen times, he didn't know what was wrong, finally I went to the ER one night and found out there was nothing wrong and that I could calm myself. Sure wish the Dr would have known that, he knew zip about menopause. I've had hot flashes too. I don't know when it will finally end....Lynn

o

lynnzee: I have been going through the same thing with doctors.I know what you are talking about when you say they do not know anything about menopause. I have been to the hospital so many times thinking I was having a heart attack and it wasn't.I hope someday to wake up and feel like my old self again.Till then I guess we women just have to keep on trying to deal with all of this.Good luck and thanks to everybody who has responded to my thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here