Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural Progestrone Cream

Posted by jolante (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 03 at 15:33

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm not menopausal, but have suffered from low progestrone levels to the degree that I've been infertile for many years. I've had no luck with conventional doctors wanting to do anything except pop me on fertility drugs. I'm not here to ask about fertility, I don't really need to be pregnant, I am here to ask about low progestrone and the use of progestrone creams.

Mainly I'm interested in any negative side effects associated with the use of NPC.

I was tested with very low progestrone levels years ago. This also coincides with a time in my life where I became very overweight, had joint and muscle pain as well as bouts of depression. The thing I find most debilitating is the fatigue I feel every afternoon.

I read some of the posts in this forum and was surprised to see that one poster (named Leigh I believe) thinks that your progestrone levels going up causes PMS. It's actually quite the opposite. Progestrone is responsible for ovulation. If no fertilization takes place then the estrogen levels go up and up until you have your period.

I suffer all the high estrogen problems of mood swings, sore breasts and so on. All I'm trying to find out is how well NPC is working for some of you and if anyone has had any negative side effects as a result of it's use.

Any info would be appreciated

Jodi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural Progestrone Cream

Jodi,
To my knowledge, I am fairly certain that there are NO negative affects with NPC. I understand that it helps the balancing of the other hormones. I have used NPC for several years. I use it to control hot flashes and prevent the possibility of osteoporosis and breast cancer.

I did "just quit" the craem once, because I thought I may not need it any more. I was fine for about a month, but then the hot flashes hit me with a vengence!

It sounds to me like NPC could help you and I have never heard of any bad side to it. Have you had your thyroid checked? That could be some of it, but the NPC may help that situation too since it too is a hormone.

It sounds like you are aware of the bennefits of "Natural" rather than synthetic, good! When you get the NPC ask the dealer about the best way to take it for your situation.
I hope you find some relief.
Hayjud

o

I did NPC for several months in an attempt to deal with menstrual cramps and headaches. Took it like the directions said. Am not menopausal. Cream didn't do one lick of good. No side effects. Heck, no effects! It smelled nice. It's expensive. I suppose it's worth a try, but I don't think it is the panacea that folks claim. Probably depends on your specific chemical makeup.

o

Read this book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause." by Dr. John Lee $12-13 worth every penny. He has been telling us for years now how bad synthetic hormones are for women!!! Says there are no known side effects for Natural Progesterone Cream. I've used it about 10 yrs. Have a good cheap source if you are interested. He says to use two ounces per month the first 2 months (post menopausal) then use 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Best thing that has happened for us women! Go for it!
(I started menopause in my early 40's and now my dau is doing the same) Don't see how it could hurt even if you're not meno or perimenopausal.

Lois

o

I buy my Natural Progesterone Cream at Puritan's pride.
www.puritan.com Cheapest I've seen and works great!
People keep asking me where I get it, so hope posting this is ok!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here