Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Bleeding?

Posted by Glassgoddess (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 02 at 14:59

I used to have a period every 28 days like clockwork. Very painful but always on time. For about the last 9 months or so, I have been bleeding in between periods, some times for days, sometimes for a week or more. My last cycles have only been 21-24 days. I am 42 and my doc says I am to young for Menopause but did refer me to a Gyno. Are these symptoms of menopause? Just curious what you guys thought.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Bleeding?

Im doing the same thing. (age 44) Ive been told that is a pre menopausal thing. Your body starting to ditch the eggs it doesn't think you will need anymore. Several of my friends are going thru it also, and the Gyn's always say the same thing "your to young". Obviously not! They will put you on the pill and try to regulate it. Stinks doesn't it? Can't wait for it to really hit!
H

o

Just as women start to menstruate at different ages, so too, they begin menopause at different ages. Also, menopause is not something that jumps at you one day. It is a very gradual process of declining hormone production the reverse of what happened at puberty. We did not one day wake up with hairy legs and armpits, breasts and a period .... it was a gradual progression that started years before the first menses. The symptoms vary from woman to woman and their ability to cope varies as well. Some women are also more in tune to their bodies than others and some are more sensitive to hormonal fluctuations. I've been keeping a log of my symptoms for a couple of years and its interesting to see how it has become progressively more erratic.

o

well about 4 years ago I started that. The dr ran all kinds of tests,couldnt find anything.we discussed hysterectomy she said If I want shell do it. well we did she said its good we did I had 5 things wrong would have been serious if left go. so I wonder how good these tests are they do.Im 47 now

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here