Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fasination with babies? Hormonal?

Posted by Lydia1959 (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 02 at 14:16

Has anyone else in Perimenopause had a sudden fasination with babies? I find myself staring at them, wanting to hold and cuddle them. I've never been much of a "baby" person. I have 1 child of my own, but never really was one to "ooh and ahh" over them. I figure it must be something hormonal (I'm 42) ~ anybody know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fasination with babies? Hormonal?

How old is your child and do you want more? Nita

o

Nita, my child is 13 and no ~ I don't think I want another at my age.

o

Same thing here. It is almost embarrassing, I think babies are so cute now. My only guess is that we are getting ready to be grandmothers. LOL

o

It seems like only yesterday I had two babies in diapers and on bottles. Now they're young ladies of 17 and 18. I can't wait to be a Grandmother. I keep hoping my older daughter will get engaged. I heard the three stages of female life are maiden,mother,crone. I'm definitely a crone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here