Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying Again

Posted by laurean (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 08 at 12:47

I posted the other night, but must have messed up, because it didn't show on the forum.

I'm 40.5 years old and I think I'm in menopause. I spoke with my Aunt, she says women in our family go through meno in their late 30's and early 40's. Which was such a relief to me, because I honestly thought I was dying.

I have a gyn appt. on Monday, and plan on getting my hormone levels checked. I've been told by my doc that I'm in peri. This from 2 years ago. I was put on effexor for night sweats and panic attacks. I went of the med because I hated the side effects. Well, the panic attacks are driving me crazy. I also get overwhelmed easily. I've begun walking and eating better, and want to see a nutritionist because my bp is up.

It is such a relief to find this forum. I'm not going crazy, I'm not going crazy..... lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying Again

Do you think that the anxiety is making your blood pressure high? That's a possibility to consider. What kinds of things trigger panic attacks, or are they unpredictable? Have you been really stressed out for the past couple of months? Any major changes or occurances in your life? At your age, your hormone levels may still be in normal range, but that doesn't mean that hormone changes and fluctuations don't have anything to do with it. Good luck in finding an effective way to deal with it.
Mrs H

ps- if you are going crazy, it doesn't mean it will always be that way :)

o
RE: Trying Again

You poor thing! I totally understand! I went through exactly that...the awful anxiety. I thought I was going crazy and didn't even know ANYTHING about perimenopause. No one told me. My doctor sells a product called Estrofactors through a company called Metagenics. Do a google search. I started taking it for ovarian cysts and as a result, my anxiety went away. I'm on bio-identical hormones progesterone and testosterone now and they have replaced the Estrofactors. Look into these things. They saved me from jumping in front off a bridge.

o
RE: trying again

in front of a car or off a bridge...you get the idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here