Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the Road to Feeling Better

Posted by valeriecrafty (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 11:40

I just thought I would let everyone know that I was feeling better...after a month of doctors and feeling so bad that I couldnt barely function...I finally found a doctor who listened to what I said......and didnt want to put me on xanax or anti depressants.....first of all I found out that this was not a good time to lose 35 pds( during early menopause) since estrogen is stored in our fat cells...and mine was already low then add the fact that I lost 35 pds..she then sent me to a GI doctor who found ulcers...so now that Im being treated for them I feel better....I also read a great Book "When your hormones go haywire"...I learned alot from it...I have been following the diet which is eating a hypogycemia diet....every 2-3 hrs...protein and complex carb....I just think that Doctors should start paying more attention to women..We arent crazy!! Valerie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the Road to Feeling Better

I agree Valerie. We are NOT crazy. We are women with very real physical things going on as our bodies change.

Nancy

o

I agree with both of you ladies, I feel like I want to end it all, I'm having the same symptoms, and now I'm going in a week to see a female doc. and get a physical, I just don't care about anything anymore, I know I should exercise, but working 4-10's and getting up at 4:30 AM I'm totally exhausted, I also take vitamins, plus Mega EFA'S , Lysine and additional C, any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks, Susan

o

I am new to this forum. Didn't know where to start until I saw Susan's post. I am 54 and started menopause when I was 48. Up until that point, I was working a 40 hour week, going to school 1-2 times a week, dancing 1-2 times a week, and taking care of my son. Then, menopause hit. I felt awful. My symtoms -- hot flashes, anixety, and totally exhausted. I exercised, not over weight (129 lbs), ate a vegetarian diet with protein and still felt bad. When that didn't work, I had a complete phyical, everything was fine. A friend recommended acuputure. I did that with natural herbs that the acupuncturist gave me. Did that for a year -- it never helped. I dragged from day to day. Then my GYN said to try Activella. I do not like taking it, but it is the only thing that works. However, I still do not feel like the same person. My 78 year old mother has more energy then I do.

o

Hi Hotpot,
I'm 54 and have been in surgical menopause for 21 years. I absolutely refuse to suffer. So I use bioidentical hormones. They come in different delivery methods: patches, creams, gels, troches and subcutaneous pellets. I have estrogen and testosteron subcutaneous pellets implanted under the skin of my hip.

These have drastically changed my life for the better.

I recommend seeing a doctor that specialized in bioidentical hormones. Life is too short to not enjoy it to the fullest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here