Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am tired of my head perspiring, argh!

Posted by rthummer (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 07 at 0:30

I am still having those dang hot flashes. 8 years now.:( I use all the natural stuff and I don't do the body hot flashes any more. I DO head and hair sweats!!!! Anyone else??? My hair gets so dang oily I have to wash it morning and at night. Sometimes if I am at home I will wash my hair during the day also. I am thinking about using dishwashing liquid if this keeps up!!! I am already using a clarifying shampoo and no cream rinse or conditioner. Help!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am tired of my head perspiring, argh!

I went today and got my hair cut short and a body wave. I hope the body wave will dry out my hair and scalp!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the pits.... My face is dry... my scalp is oily... this is nuts...

o

I haven't had so much oil on my face since the eighth grade.

o

Tell me about it jannie!!! One thing about it though, women with oily faces have fewer wrinkles...but watch out for the mood factor!! Ha,ha.

o

I too only get the head/neck sweats. No full body sweats, at least for the past 2 months. I came off HRT because I had too many problem with it. Started taking herbal remedies, which seems to have helped the full body sweats. Still wake up 2 or 3 times a night with the head sweats. Very annoying.The high humidity in Southern Ontario right now, definatly does not help either.

o

Elizabeth, yes, I never had the full body sweats either. I have the face, neck, and head sweats. I cannot keep makeup on. I also wake up several times a night with head sweats. Not that I am glad you have them too, but it is comforting to know I am not odd girl out.... Everyone knows when I have a hot flash because my cheeks turn a bright red and my forehead and face become wet and the back of my hair is sopping wet. I get so tired of this, I never feel CLEAN. I take wipes with me all the time now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here