Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have ovary cysts a year after menopause?

Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 10, 04 at 21:07

Hi all,
I went to see my OB/GYN recently for what felt like ovary pain. This concerned me a little, since I hadn't had a period in a year. She did an ultrasound and found a big cyst on both ovaries. She wasn't worried about it......but said that I still had hormonal things going on in my body, in spite of not having periods. They continue to hurt. Anyone else have these long after periods are gone? I'm still having migraines from it too. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have ovary cysts a year after menopause?

Yes, I have cysts. I am 58 yo. They just leave them alone. I don't have headaches. I think eventually they go away on their own. I also have fibrocystic breasts so I think I am just one big cycst. They must go together.

o

Hi Young,
"One big cyst" lol! I'm just one big stretch mark!
I had a follow-up ultrasound, and one cyst went away and the other one is smaller, so hopefully they're on their way out. My ovaries are persistent little boogers! It's amazing how long they're hanging on!

o

Hi, Mine is actually a polyp on my cervex. I go in on the 21st to have it removed - too big to take out in office. I just hate the thought of one more surgery. This will make my 8th or so surgery for various things. I hate it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here